- Make the update automatic and mandatory for everyone
- Don’t warn anyone
- Change the directory structure (that was unchanged from the past NINE years), just to mess with EA and indicators that supposed that the files position will never change
- Change how some MQL functions are working, in this way many EA or indicators will stop working correctly
Well… you can download MetaTrader 4 everywhere.
Anyway, for a newbie is unclear which is the right download and the latest version.
And if you want to create a demo account, every broker has different rules.
Download AAAFx MetaTrader 4
Download FXPRIMUS MetaTrader 4
that also has an ECN account with a minimum size not too big. Doesn’t fit with automated scalping because in that case there’s too much slippage.
Scarica IC Markets MetaTrader 4
“Breaking: Two Explosions in the White House and Barack Obama is injured.”, this is the tweet sent from the Associated Press today. The news, obviously, is fake and was written by an hacker that gained control of their Twitter account.
Correction: since ILQ doesn’t show commissions correctly, but just “withdraws” them, faking all the stats, I misinterpreted the results: today ended with a loss.
15% Discount FORE-5LXJ-HSVM – 0 uses left
10% Discount FORE-9C23-CYRC – 5 uses left
5% Discount FORE-2XUN-CHTL – 10 uses left
I was hoping that after the election of the President of the USA things would go back to normal, instead it didn’t, the number of “failed” trades it’s too high to being profitable, as you can see in the graph of my public live myfxbook page.
Today I got the notification for the update of the build 482 for MetaTrader 4.
- Now the terminal can have up to eight parallel trading operations, making it better for multipair scalpers; until now they gave the infamous “trade context busy” error.
- One-click manual trading by pressing ALT+T
- Screenshots with automatic upload on mql5.com
Today I was playing around to optimize the CPU usage on my VPS: MetaTrader uses a lot of it even while on weekends and by night, when it’s not in use:
Something that’s not widely known is that most of Windows VPS are actually emulated by Linux servers. On each Linux server there are 20-25 separated instances of Windows (according to the subscription price), they run completely virtualized: an huge waste of resources.
Instead, a Linux server can be virtualized in a “container”, with native access to resources, without overhead. I did an experiment: on the same Linux computer I measured the network latency of a virtualized Windows server and the network latency of a Linux “container”:
The linux VPS has less latency compared to the Windows one, because it doesn’t have to emulate a full operating system.
What’s good about a Linux VPS is:
- It’s at least $15 monthly cheaper (it’s the cost of the Windows Server 2008 license)
- Since it uses less resources, you can take a less powerful one, saving on subscription
- “Hybrid” EA like NumberOne will never work on Linux+Wine (it does not work even on XP)
- Linux is more complicated
- Some sellers are putting up to 250 VPS on the same server, with obvious drop in performance.
- If the seller did not configure the container very well, hackers can “make a hole” on the container “walls” and access your files
But this week was awful, I got extreme slippages!
2013.02.07 14:23:01 Unfavorable Stop Loss close slippage = 4.1 pips